Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

WINNERS - Challenge #14 - The Birds and the Bees

Hello all of you lovelies! Niki here. I sure hope you all are having a wonderful summer full of family time, good food and crafty time. As the summer months get into full swing it is easy to forget to put aside some time for yourself, I know that is the case for me. I want to thank every one that was able to find some time to get into their art rooms and enter our last challenge. The scope of entries was vast and it made it difficult to choose a winner. After much deliberation and thought my winner of  The Birds and The Bee's challenge is:

WINNER - #7 Suzanne C
I chose this fantabulous and quirky design because it is full of wonderful mixed media techniques and leftovers. Suzz used scraps from previous projects and ended up with this stunning creation. The use of inks and textures, not to mention the awesome sauce face, left me smiling. Bravo!

Congratulations Suzz!  Pamellia will be in touch by email to send you a personalized winner's badge and to provide details about being our Feature Artist for the next challenge.



RUNNER-UP - #6 Felix the Crafty Cat
I have to applaud the use of pistachio shells for the wowzers texture on this shrine that Angela created. The eyeball at the top of the shrine is genius and so fun. I really enjoy how the bee is the center of the design and all of the texture in the middle pulls the viewers eye to the bee. Fantabulous!

***
Now let's have a look at our DT favourites:




Anne's Favourite - #6 - Angela
I absolutely love Angela's wonderful bee shrine, it has a real steampunk feel and I love that she created texture by using pistachio nut shells and other random found objects!


Autumn's Favourite - #25 Maja Rijkers
I was smitten by the artistic quality of Maja's journal page.  I love the layers and detail in her beautiful background and how beautifully the focal images blend with it.


Branka's Favourite#4 boozybear
I am in love with this brilliantly created layout! So many amazing elements and fantastic layering! Beautiful stencilling work, great stamping and a super cool messy design which I love!


Lisa's Favourite - #26 Kim
I absolutely love the amazing texture Kim has created on her canvas!! The colors are so soft and beautiful!! The paperclay flowers look amazing!! The bird's nest pops so beautifully!! Stunning!!


Sara Emily's Favourite#17 Isle of Crafty Creations

I just fell in love with the rusted and metallic effects on Jane's wall hanging! Her attention to detail on this is fantastic, from the stencil work in the background to the gilding waxes that gave this a real metal look. To think this is air dry clay and MDF just blows my mind!  And she tops it off with a wonderful quote--just perfect for Niki's Birds and the Bees challenge!

***

A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

There is still plenty of time to enter Anne's current challenge Summer Time Fun! We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you for the honor of being selected the winner. Congrats to all the other Honorable Mentions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations to Suzanne, Angela and all the DT favourites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winner, runner up and all the DT Favorites! It was incredibly hard to choose a favorite this month, and it made me happy to see all my favorites selected by my teammies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! These creations are all stunners, really huge congrats to all the winners. And Suzanne's make is amazing and so stunning!!
    A delight to admire all these pieces tonight... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Suzanne and the DT favorites! Thanks for choosing me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for choosing my Bee Shrine as your runner up and well done to Suzanne and the favourites, fabulous makes everyone. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratzzz everyone , all the submissions are so amazing! Thank you for picking me as a DT pick, you made my day! hugs
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to each and every one of these ladies! What an amazing group of entries! Thanks to all who played along.

    ReplyDelete