Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 12, 2015

WINNERS - Challenge #1 - Vintage Garden

Hello everyone! 

Branka here and I am back to announce the Winner and Runner-Up from my 'Vintage Garden' Challenge. First, I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who entered our first challenge last month! I was so excited to see all those amazing projects that were posted! You all put a lot of love into your fabulous creations and I am completely awed by the range of projects and creative ideas!  It really is heart warming. My Goodness, I had a very hard time choosing only one winner!

I have a real pleasure to announce our very first challenge Winner...

When I saw Libby's fantastic creation I fell in creative love at first sight! For me, this is an amazing mixed media interpretation of my 'Vintage Garden' challenge! I adore every single detail there, from a broken vintage plate and glass vials to an old pair of eyeglasses. Spectacular dreamy background and a fabulous design!

Congratulations Libby!! Pamellia will be contacting you via email to send you your personalized winner's badge and details about being our Feature Artist for the next challenge.

***
And now for my Runner-Up



Lula built a breathtaking project out of a fish can with all that stunning layering and beautiful texture! I am loving the effect she got on the tin and that gorgeous garden in full bloom with a perfect detail of metal mesh piece!

***
Exceptional New Mixed Media Artist

We had so many gorgeous entries by artists new to the mixed media world and they were all outstanding! We chose one artist this month who really stood out with not just one, but two mixed media projects! She is such a talented lady, we do hope to see much more of her mixed media creations in the future!! Congratulations Jennifer!!


***
Now on to our DT Favourites

Each one of our lovely Design Team members has chosen the entry that stuck with them the most. For each of us the reason is different, perhaps the colours captivated us, maybe the techniques amazed us or it might just be that the overall creativity blew us away.

Cec's Favourite - Lula - # 30
I chose this project because I think it is a fabulous transformation of an item that would normally be in the garbage.  Other than Lula, who keeps fish cans?  Well me starting now.  The enclosed garden is so sweet and the lace at the top is a perfect vintage embellishment.


Georgie's Favourite - 21. Handmade by Yulianna
I adore the colours, texture and layout.... The background was built up beautifully, with so much interest by painting over fabrics and those yummy hints of golds. There's such pretty vintage ruggedness to this, I feel like every time I see this I see something new to drool over.


Niki's Favourite - Jennifer H #23
I love arches and this wonderful vintage garden wall is splendid. The different techniques used to paint her die cuts and the window arch is beautiful. 


Pamellia's Favourites - I just couldn't decide between these two gorgeous journal pages. They both just took my breath away, so I went on ahead and chose both!! 

There are just so many wonderful layers of flowers and inky patterns, I was just hypnotized! Jane's freehand doodling blows me away and those white highlights make her page come to life!

The vibrant colours in Suzz's background are blended beautifully and are so perfect for a summer scene, I could almost feel the sun on my face! Those wispy flowers are captivating against the amazing brickwork!


Samra's Favourite - Carol Gill #36
Carol got me at the Raven!!! This card reminds me of Edgar Allan Poe's poem  "The Raven". "…And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting on the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door…." Well, Raven is sitting on one of my favorite embellishments to use in cardmaking: bicycle! And of course challenge theme was interpreted so well!


Sara Emily's Favourite -Evelyn Walter #64
Evelyn's earthy colors on her lovely vintage layout really drew me in. She also used so many mixed media techniques for her beautiful layered background.  What a breathtaking vintage garden scene! 

***
Honourable Mentions 

There were just so many gorgeous projects this month. We wanted to honour some that really captured the spirit of our challenge theme and tugged our heart strings with their beauty!!

      

        14. Candy                    17. Sue                    35. Max                   75. aNNie's Style   
      

A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

There is still plenty of time to enter Cec's current challenge MAKE IT MASCULINE! We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all the winners! To me, you were all winners with your lovely vintage garden interpretations! I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll create for Cec's Make It Masculine challenge this month! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches Ladies! You made my day!
    Congrats to Libby and everyone - the pieces are gorgeous!
    xxx
    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the Honourable Mention!! I'm delighted! Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great winners and thanks so much Pamellia for chosing my journal pages as one of your favourites. I am really delighted. I am reading this is 37c heat around the pool in Sicily where we are on holiday this week...bliss. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all the winners, super projects and I can see why the DT had difficult decisions to make in choosing them.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all of the winners! Gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stunned and honored ! With such stiff and beautifully created competition, I wasn't sure I even had a chance ! Thank You Ladies !!!!
    Luv Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Libby! Well done! We're happy you joined in and shared your work for everyone to see! Delightful! Sara Emily DT

      Delete
  8. Thanks Pamellia! Congrats to all the winners! The art by everyone was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to all the winners. Amazing creations and what a visual treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for Honourable Mentions! Congrats to the winners !!!
    Hugs, Max :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, what a feast of gorgeous projects! The fish can project really caught my eye but all of the projects are so, so beautiful....congratulations to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to the very first winner, outstanding creations by everyone.
    Thank you for the honourable mention. I will be entering soon for the second Challenge, I do not do masculine cards so this is way out of my comfort zone, but I want to see how I stack up with the experts in this genre.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to all the winner, amazing creations. Thank you for giving me an Honor, I'm honored lol! Seriously!!!

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so happy for you and can't wait to see your next amazing creation! Sara Emily DT

      Delete
  14. Wow, all projects are fabulous, I am sure DT must have had hard time to select winners.
    Congratulations Libby and all winners..!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! To say I am breathless with shock and excitement is a major understatement!!!

    This evening, when I saw my 1st award, I let out a big squeal that scared my DH., then when I discovered that I had won 2 awards I started shaking...I am beyond thrilled...as a newcomer to mixed media, I wasn't even going to enter my efforts, and even after the wonderfully encouraging comments by the ever-so-talented Pamellia and her equally talented DT, I didn't for one second think that I would win an award, let alone TWO!!!

    Thank you so, so much...you have 'created a monster'...I am even dreaming about mixed media now.

    Huge congratulations to all the other winners too!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH YEAH YEAH Jennifer - soooo happy for you!!! LOVE hearing that you are dreaming about mixed media. Keep your wonderful creations coming. :) j.

      Delete
    2. We need to see more of your mixed media monster Jennifer! It's a very well deserved win m'dear.
      Hugs
      Georgie xx

      Delete
  16. Perfect choices - Congrats to all for being the FIRST EVER winners on ANYTHING BUT CUTE!!!! Such a great honor! To me, the most special part of this new challenge spot is that the new artists are so welcome. Eight months ago I was new and confused with no one to ask and it was tough. Maybe it helped me to work harder and longer and study more tutorials but there were times when I just almost gave up. Pamellia and her DT have made ANYTHING BUT CUTE a safe place to come and are welcoming "all" - that's so so special. If you just look at the post above and see what Jennifer wrote - you will see it's true! It brought tears to my eyes to read Jennifer's thoughts. So proud for her and PROUD of all who played in the challenge - YOU are history makers! YOU are the first ever batch of ANYTHING BUT CUTE creators!!! And I predict there will be great success here and many more folks enjoying these challenges. Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly just reach out and ask anyone in the blogging craft community if you're scared, unsure or just have a question, we're happy to help and would have been here ourselves at some point! We want everyone to love mixed media... :) xx

      Delete
    2. Joi, you are such a JOY!

      I will agree with Georgie! We all started out unsure, and have learned that this blogging community is so willing to share. We at Anything But Cute want everyone to feel welcome to join, because in that way, we learn from one another! I know if you were to ask anyone of us a question, we would generously provide feedback. We hope you all will keep on challenging yourselves; you will find such personal reward! Hugs!

      Delete
  17. Thank you Samra for choosing my project and congrats to the other ladies
    Carol X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi girls, thank you sooo much, dear Sara Emily, for picking my layout as your favourite! I feel honored <3
    Congrats to all the other winners and chosen projects, all are well deserved!
    I love to see all the newcomesrs and that this challenge blog encourages them to show their work! We all started once and to get such a positive echo is soo helpful for everyone.
    Thank you Ladies, and thank you for the pretty comments too!
    Have a nice sunday everyone!
    Evelyn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Evelyn! And we all appreciate you popping back here and sharing your thoughts with us about how Anything But Cute encourages ALL mixed media skill levels! Heck, I didn't even know what mixed media was until Pamellia told me I was doing it in the not too distant past! We all start out as a newbie, and we want to provide that welcoming and encouraging place to try out and display some of those new techniques you are trying or finagling an old one! Big hugs! Sara Emily DT

      Delete
  19. What a terrific lineup! Well done to all the fantastic winners, not an easy choice as standard so high. Lovely to learn of new bloggers too. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . . komposit

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that...
    havehegn

    ReplyDelete